Hey everyone, exams are finally over or in process of getting over and summer is in its wake. So, thought will give research a little rest and nosedive into some other topics. So as a mother(hold your laugh), I thought why not find some tips for the summer that will be useful to all.
The prevalent rumour is that this summer is going to be at its peak(we say that for every summer) and we should take care(cue the words) kids, husband and last but not the least others as well(Don’t worry, mothers and wives are generally not part of that list).
List of do not’s:
- Do not drink juice, eat fruits and vegetables. Apparently, they have much more nutrition than juices.
- Do not wander in the sun without sunscreen.
- Do not forget to keep your skin well hydrated by regularly applying moisturisers even sesame oil before the bath is a good option. Apply coconut oil to legs, elbows and other exposed parts to prevent chaffing.
- Do not eat very spicy or tangy foods.
- Do not eat ice-cream, frozen foods and other junk food.
- Do not eat salt in higher quantities.
- Do not eat foods that take longer periods to digest like dry fruits.
- Do not wear restricting and tight clothes like jeans and synthetic. Light fabrics are a better alternative and are good at deflecting sunlight and keeping your body cool.
- Do not eat curd.
List of Do’s:
- Have Indian drinks like ragi porridge, roo hafza etc
- Drink water from earthen pots.
- Drink nimbu pani,nannari sherbet,coconut water,buttermilk and others on a regular basis
- Make sure you use aloe vera on a regular basis.
- Have fruits like watermelon, musk melon along with vegetables that come with higher fluid content.
These are some of the tips that will help you in having a bearable summer. Other than that we do know many other things but we tend to forget it(just joking, we all know the real reason, don’t we?)
Last but not least, have a great summer and here is my signature good bye
As usual, Namaste, Au Revoir, Sayonara and a simple Vanakkam to my readers out there where ever you are and whoever you are.